You have worked hard growing and harvesting all those tomatoes during the summer and fall, and have a pantry or freezer full of preserved tomatoes. Have you ever stopped and stared at all those tomatoes and wondered what to do with them? If this has happened to you, perhaps you need some different ideas on how to use those tomatoes – here are twelve (or so) ideas
- If you preserved some green tomatoes, try some fried green tomatoes.
- Another use for green tomatoes is green tomato relish. It is probably best to use fresh green tomatoes but canned tomatoes will work as well.
- If you would like something very unique, try your cooking skills with Black Peppered Grits with Roasted Tomatoes, or Shrimp and Grits with Okra and Tomatoes
- A delicious creamy tomato soup might be just what you need on a chilly winter’s night. If you are not a tomato soup person, then try an interesting tomato stew.You can replace the canned tomatoes in these recipes with your own preserved tomatoes.
- You can also use those preserved tomatoes for a Cajun pasta dish that will make you think you’ve taken a trip down Bourbon Street.
- Try a tomato pizza during your next family fun night. (Fresh tomatoes are best for this recipe)
- Mix up a soothing tomato drink to help ward off those nasty winter sniffles using your preserved tomatoes.
- For a nice side dish you could prepare tomato rice.As a great appetizer you can fix these tomato treats.
- Add some tomatoes to your next big breakfast with this flavorful omelet.
- Impress your dinner guests with this mouthwatering feta and tomato quiche.
- If you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, try some sweet pea and tomato cupcakes, or perhaps a green tomato cake.
- Use your tomatoes to put some pizazz to your next trout dish.
As you can see there are some very interesting and delicious ways that you can use your preserved or fresh tomatoes. For a few more ways to use tomatoes, please check out Top 7 Ways To Use Tomatoes. You can also check out the Tomato Recipes section for a few more ideas.
I would love to hear how you might use your preserved or fresh tomatoes as well. Feel free to add your favorite tomato recipes below!
Grow Fantastic Tomatoes
Discuss in our forums