I will be the first to admit that I am addicted to vegetable gardening. Over the last few years, I have caught myself doing things or saying things that has confirmed that I am a gardening junkie. There are many ways that you can be classified as a vegetable gardening addict. Here are 20 ways you know you are addicted to vegetable gardening:
- You have a stack of seed catalogs on the back of your toilet.
- You are confused and feel sorry for someone that does not garden.
- You go to stores like Wal Mart or Lowe’s and browse the garden section in the dead of winter – even when it’s empty.
- You buy three times as many seedlings than you have room for.
- When you drive by an empty lot, you say, “That would make one nice garden”.
- While at the nursery, you discover a variety of tomatoes that you have never seen and buy it because you got to have it.
- You look for excuses to miss family functions because you just want to garden.
- The only channel you ever watch on TV is HGTV.
- The only websites that you have bookmarked in your Favorites are gardening sites.
- You name your pets 'Brandywine' or 'Cajun Delight'.
- You desperately want to hop over the fence and work in your neighbor’s garden.
- You dig through the neighbor's trash to find anything you can compost.
- You ask for a new cultivator and floating row covers for Christmas.
- You spend more than four hours a day looking at gardening websites.
- The only books in your bookcase are gardening books.
- You carry a copy of The Farmer’s Almanac everywhere you go.
- When you are looking at new homes the first thing you ask the realtor is, “Can we see the backyard?”.
- You own more gardening gloves than you do socks.
- While doing laundry you realize your clothes are dirtier than your kids' clothes.
- You call your gardening fork your “pride and joy”.
If you can say any of these about yourself then you are definitely a vegetable gardening addict! I know that I fit quite a few of these myself. I would love to hear what makes you a vegetable gardening addict!
Discuss in our forums