- Peel the eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes and lightly salt to sweat the bitter taste out.
- In a saucepan, cook the eggplant cubes with water for about 18 minutes (until tender); drain and cool slightly.
- Cook the sausage and onion until the sausage is browned and the onion is soft.
- Combine the eggplant and sausage; add the beaten egg and bread crumbs.
- Spoon into a prepared casserole.
- Combine the butter and cracker crumbs. Spread over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes (until the cracker crumbs are golden brown).
Discuss in our forums