• Welcome to Veggie Gardener Forum

How to Grow Watermelon: The Reveal

Discussion in 'Growing Fruits' started by CaliKim, Aug 10, 2015.

1. CaliKim

CaliKim Moderator

The results are in: viewers and subscribers suggest that the tendril tells all, so I am harvesting the watermelon and you will not believe this.

Marlene likes this.
  2. Shannon

Shannon Well-Known Member

Nice watermelons!! My goal is to grow watermelons like that in zone 5. I don't know if my season is long enough so I grow the smaller ones. Watermelon is my favorite thing!

CaliKim likes this.

3. CaliKim

CaliKim Moderator

4. CaliKim

CaliKim Moderator

Hi Shannon,
    Watermelons are very rewarding to grow - it's so much fun to eat the yummy, juicy fruit that you grew yourself! They do need hot temperatures, lots of sun each day, and plenty of water. Depending on what part of zone 5 you live in, it can be a challenge to grow them, esp the large ones, like what you saw in the video. Many northern growers have success growing them in a greenhouse, but the smaller varieties should work well for you as long as you get them started early in the spring after your last frost date. I like to plant my seeds indoors to give them a head start. Keep me posted on how they grow for you in zone 5. Thanks for watching, Shannon!

Alice H Hauser likes this.
  5. vegetable puree

vegetable puree Active Member

A very interesting and interesting article, to know more about the world of vegetables, I recommend going through http://vegetablepuree.com/ where we can find a lot of variety of vegetables, fruits etc ...

6. Thanks for sharing that video Cali.