• Welcome to Veggie Gardener Forum

It is spring who's planting?

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Garden' started by stephanie, Mar 28, 2013.

1. HOOKER

HOOKER Well-Known Member

beefsteak maters & cherry maters seeds go'n tamorrow before sunrise..
    will look fer 6-8 mater plants at ACE Hardware when they open...

lost all my seed cups in my BaitShop Room & hadnt figger'd out why yet,,
    room is fully climate controlled with Auto Ventalators (exhausts lead & paint fumes)
    81* constant with 63%rh constant also since 1/3/13
    still lost'm ALL???
    I DUNNO eether.....

oh well, just start over with seeds in soil

2. stephanie

stephanie Super Moderator

currently my garden as of yesterday is being heavily watered by mother nature. this is good because I have seeds that needed that boost of water and warmth. hubby got his tiller off to the small engine guy and should get it back by this weekend in time to till the horse poo in and plant his seeds in his area the traditional native american way with the traditional seeds. plus a few other types of seeds out there :)

3. Shannon

Shannon Well-Known Member

Oooo baby pigs - so cute - (yes, I know they're not pets) LOL I would love to live on a farm for maybe a year to get the full experience. It seems like hard work but so fulfilling.
    I like the 3 sisters idea of planting. I tried it a couple of years ago but it didn't work for me even though each crop grew well in it's own section of the yard. Maybe I payed to much attention to the 3 sisters and watered them to death or something. I need to take another look at that simple but brilliant growing plan.

4. stephanie

I forgot to mention that my oak tree seeds sprouted and grew to 6-8 inches tall and my sweet potatoes that I bought at trader joe's are sprouting finally!

5. angel1237b

angel1237b Well-Known Member

cool...i planted some seeds out of a lemon i had in the fridge...9 of them came up...they are about 3 inches tall..lol...i am not sure how to look after them...p.s. i peeled the seeds before i planted them.

6. stephanie

check on line to see how to grow and care for lemons. was it a meyer lemon you got the seeds from?

7. angel1237b

i'm not sure steph it was one i bought at the grogery store.

8. stephanie

i asked because I read some place that the meyer lemons where the only ones that would sprout and grow. they are a dwarf variety and do well indoors and will produce lemons in about 3 to 5 yrs. I would bet it is a meyer since it sprouted :) If you live where it gets warm in summer over 70+ degrees you can put it outside during warm periods if you live in the south where it rarely freezes for more than a night or two it can handle temps down into the 40's in winter with dips to the 30's and will do fine out side year round.

9. angel1237b

thanks steph...i live in eastern canada...we get only 3 to four months of summer usually around 70 to 90..not too often 90...then hard winters...i have four seedlings in a 8x8 pot..i will have to separate them..the other ones are in peat pellets...i will plant them in separate pots..lots of fun experimenting..lol

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  10. Tammy

Tammy Super Moderator

and tonight I'll be covering up my garden bed. Supposed to have frost. My poor little confused plants!