• Welcome to Veggie Gardener Forum

what did you get for your garden this christmas?

Discussion in 'What Tools, Supplies, Equipment Do I Need?' started by stephanie, Dec 26, 2012.

1. stephanie

stephanie Super Moderator

my step kids got me a motion sensor sprinkler for the garden! that is so awesome!

2. Beruriah

Beruriah Well-Known Member

We got half a pound of red wigglers and they are living in a plastic box in the kitchen. The kids think they're cool to look at but for some reason they're afraid to touch them!

3. stephanie

stephanie Super Moderator

well I may garden but I also hate to touch worms/grubs/bugs but find them fascinating to look at also. so I wear gloves to garden so I don't get creep-ed out. :(

4. Errol

Errol Well-Known Member

I got a new soaker hose, garden books, some different tomato seed I been wanting, and a new straw hat to wear in the garden!!

5. PHONETOOL

PHONETOOL Well-Known Member

I couldn't have a garden without one.. too many cats. The sprinkler works so well they don't go near the Garden I'm the one who gets sprayed most of the time forgetting to switch it off when I go into the garden lol :D

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  6. PHONETOOL

People were not sure what I needed for the garden so I received money. I think.. I will Get a Drip irrigation kit and some more seeds.

7. Tammy

Tammy Super Moderator

some great gifts!

I didn't get anything for the garden this year, but then I didn't ask for anything either. last year though I did specifically ask for new gardening tools and accessories, so that was sort of my 'garden themed' year. although I did get a nice food dehydrator, which I will definitely use for my herbs and drying veggies from the garden.
    Oh, and good pasta roller to make my own noodles - so now in addition to homemade tomato sauces, I'll have homemade pasta to go with it!

8. HOOKER

HOOKER Well-Known Member

my WermRanch got me the electrical materials fer their BED HEATERS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  9. PHONETOOL

Very nice HOOKER Please post more pictures Keep us updated on the progress.

10. bigbear

bigbear Well-Known Member

The kids got me a new hose and some seeds and a new book. All should come in handy.