Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Mia and I've been gardening for (including this year) three seasons. I'm in zone 5b in central to northeastern Connecticut. The past two years I only grew veggies and this year I'm expanding to include herbs and flowers (insect deterrents and to attract pollinators and other beneficial insects).
I've been accused of having a very time consuming and expensive hobby but I have a goal of making the garden into something that sustains us beyond just the gardening season! Last year at the end of June I had my fourth child which really slowed down my gardening (the garden was partially overrun by bugs because of it!) but this year, with more people depending on me, I really want to grow and preserve to last us through the winter (which can get pretty darn snowy here in CT!) I'm also hoping to harvest through the winter (under the snow) things like kale, parsnips, carrots, and other frost/cold hardy plants.

I need help with pest management (organic) and eventually the winter gardening. I've been looking for a small-ish community where many people are newbies :) I've learned so much in just two years that I KNOW I have tons more to learn!!!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
the learning never seems to stop! each year I learn new things, try out new things, change the way I do something, etc.

It's nice to have you here and I hope you continue to learn more from everyone here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts