Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum, I would love to here about native veggies to australia. I am up in washington state near the olympic rain forest on the pacific coast. needless to say I get more than my share of rain fungus and slugs are issues as well as too much rain. great area for growing mushrooms though.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
no caves or old mines for growing mushrooms they grow out in the open forest under the leaves and on stumps. yes I get snow every year usually around 2 feet at worst case and 6 inches best case. Green houses and cold frames are almost mandatory around my area. I get moss growing on my car/trucks/horse trailers every winter and clean it off every spring.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
its been raining solid for three days with maybe another three to come. Can't do a thing in the yard. I'll get cabin fever
that happens all the time here :) longest time we had rain was 36 days in a row. one of the biggest jokes for seattle is this: a couple was visiting from out of town and stopped to ask a kid this question: Does it ever stop raining here? the little kid looked at the couple and said: how the hell should I know I am not old enough!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.