Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'day everyone! I'v just joined the forum and look forward to sharing gardening tips, hints, experiences and maybe some photos with you. I'm in my 50's, semi retired enjoy Rock music guitar fishing and cooking. I've been a St John (NSW) Ambulance volunteer for three years. I live in the northern Illawarra district of NSW Australia, roughly 70 miles south of Sydney on the eastern Pacific coast. The climate is mostly mild. I;ve been gardening on and off for the past 30 years but hardly an expert. Naturally I grow the most common veggies - lettuce tomato cucumber but I'm looking at growing some australian native plants and fruit trees. I know I'm on the other side of the world to most of you but our gardens here are much the same. Maybe I can share some slightly different methods of growing and even discuss some vegetables that are native to Australia. But really, veggie gardeners are mostly the same the world over! See ya soon!
Aussie Oscar

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Stephanie thanks for the reply. I suppose the climate is cooler in the Mt Olympus area than here. It sounds like the Snowy Mountains region near the NSW southern border, although Mt Olympus is higher than Mt Kosciusko - Australia's highest mountain. I guess you get snow in winter as well. We do have mushroom farms here in the northern Illawarra because of the cliff range a couple of miles to the west, the farmers have made used of old abandoned coal mine tunnels. I'm doing some research on Australian veggies and will get back to you soon. See ya!
Aussie Oscar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.