Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was at Home Depot looking for some organic compost The salesperson there said I should use the Kellogg compost. For some reason I always smell before I decide. That stuff smelled like chemicals I told the salesperson I didn't like the smell he insisted the Kellogg sales representative was at the store that passed week and told him the stuff was certified organic

Well good thing I decided to follow my instincts and Googled Kellogg compost before applying it to my organic vegetable garden

This is what I found >>

Here is another article on the subject >> http://www.motherjones.com/blue-mar...ly-sewage-sludge-rosario-dawson-kellogg-amend

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
even if you don't have live stock if you can talk to your local county conservation district they can put you in touch with local farmers who have more manure than they can use, such as a horse boarding stable,alpaca farm,or some one who keeps pigs ect. they always have way more than they can use and most times will give it away you just have to take your own container to the farm and possibly load it yourself unless they have time and you have a truck then they would possibly use their tractor and just scoop it and dump it in your truck some times there is a small fee if they load it for you.the small fee is usually under 20 dollars for a full pickup truck. I always try and give my extra away and rarely does any one take me up on it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even if you don't have live stock if you can talk to your local county conservation district they can put you in touch with local farmers who have more manure than they can use, such as a horse boarding stable,alpaca farm,or some one who keeps pigs ect. they always have way more than they can use and most times will give it away you just have to take your own container to the farm and possibly load it yourself unless they have time and you have a truck then they would possibly use their tractor and just scoop it and dump it in your truck some times there is a small fee if they load it for you.the small fee is usually under 20 dollars for a full pickup truck. I always try and give my extra away and rarely does any one take me up on it.
That's very thoughtful of you Stephanie i wish you were my neighbor would take you up on some of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts