Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am experimenting with a grow tent. I have Ghost Chili, Carolina Reaper and Habenero purchased in 4" pots.
I have repotted to 8" pots with Vigoro potting soil from Home Depot. I am using a heat mat and 2x 24watt full
spectrum lights about 24" above the plants. I have been monitoring the indoor temp and humidty which fluctuates between
80-95 deg. F, humidty between 50-75% depending on when I water the plants.

My question is how much growth in height should I expect to see per week or every 2 weeks. I have marked the plant stakes
with it's current height. I do see the seedling I germinated a few weeks ago from 2 leave to 4 leaf but the growth seems
really slow.

Until the weather is better and more consistent heat, I will leave them in the tent. The heat mat runs 24-7 while
the lights are on a timer for 14hrs.

I have read to use a 15-15-15 fertilizer but I don't see anything like that at home depot, any suggestions?
I bought fish fertilizer but since this is indoors, cannot use do to the smell.

The tent is 2' x 2' x 4' high and I have the bottom flaps open for ventilation and top circle vent about 2" diameter.

I'm just not sure what to expect growth rate wise so I am asking here. Is the Vigoro potting soil ok or I should try a different
one? Only other one is Miracle grow not organic and Edna's Best Potting soil I can get locally.

Peppers will stay in pots, can transfer to larger pot. Sadly no real garden but apartment balcony.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I am experimenting with a grow tent. I have Ghost Chili, Carolina Reaper and Habenero purchased in 4" pots.
I have repotted to 8" pots with Vigoro potting soil from Home Depot. I am using a heat mat and 2x 24watt full
spectrum lights about 24" above the plants. I have been monitoring the indoor temp and humidty which fluctuates between
80-95 deg. F, humidty between 50-75% depending on when I water the plants.

My question is how much growth in height should I expect to see per week or every 2 weeks. I have marked the plant stakes
with it's current height. I do see the seedling I germinated a few weeks ago from 2 leave to 4 leaf but the growth seems
really slow.

Until the weather is better and more consistent heat, I will leave them in the tent. The heat mat runs 24-7 while
the lights are on a timer for 14hrs.

I have read to use a 15-15-15 fertilizer but I don't see anything like that at home depot, any suggestions?
I bought fish fertilizer but since this is indoors, cannot use do to the smell.

The tent is 2' x 2' x 4' high and I have the bottom flaps open for ventilation and top circle vent about 2" diameter.

I'm just not sure what to expect growth rate wise so I am asking here. Is the Vigoro potting soil ok or I should try a different
one? Only other one is Miracle grow not organic and Edna's Best Potting soil I can get locally.

Peppers will stay in pots, can transfer to larger pot. Sadly no real garden but apartment balcony.

Thanks for your help!
Hello Sno, I have heard that it is not a good idea to use organic potting soil for indoor planting, The reason is that the organic soil carries knats

1 - 2 of 2 Posts