Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a first time gardener. The leaves of my basil, kale, and pepper plants are being chewed by something. I have been researching insecticidal soaps. There are many recipes for making homemade soaps but I thought I would come here to ask your opinions before spraying the plants. Is there a recipe that works well without damaging leaves? What about Safer Spray? Is that good? I'm trying not to use anything unnatural so I thought using a homemade recipe would be best, but maybe Safer is okay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gardening Momma. I like the idea of Neem oil. I did not make the insecticidal soap. I would like to try the Neem oil as that seems right. Can you give me some direction. Do you use a certain brand of neem oil? Do I dilute the neem oil? Do I spray the whole plant or just the underside? Do I spray at a certain time of day? Do I spray with a regular hand spritz bottle. Thank you sooo much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Garden Momma! This is super helpful. I looked up the Dyna-Grow and intend to purchase it. Thank you so much for the help and the clear explanation. I am keeping everything very natural so this is perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.