Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own 6 Guinea Pigs and they like to eat so I decided to grow vegetables for them. I have 2 grand daughters and thought heck Halloween is coming I'm going to grow some pumpkins. Well, all of it is doing good or so I thought. I have major mold on my pumpkins :mad:. I just started working on getting it under control with the water, dish soap and baking soda.. I hope it works, I was hoping to get 20 pumpkins for their halloween party.

My question is how much do I water ? I live in Southern California (zone 6). I am not clear on how much to water so I water a lot and I think that is why I have so much mold. :(

Mold.jpg Pumpkins.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
580 Posts
if you must water your pumpkins do it with a soaker hose at night. that way during the day they have time to dry out. it also keeps the mold off the leaves.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top