Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently, I got a new phone and the GPS on it is really pretty good. I've been wondering if I could use it to map the yard. The accuracy isn't good enough to map individual plants like each hosta or anything that specific but, how about mapping where the trees are and where other "features" are? I have the yard laid out in Visio but I only have the areas around the house. Getting accurate locations for other stuff...well, seems like a lot of work and I'm wondering if a GPS would help.

I've played a little with "Share My GPS Coordinates" on my Android this morning. It seems pretty accurate and it can dump the information out in a variety of formats including text messages, e-mail, and Evernote. Then I can be gardening just click on a link and have it show up on a map. For $2, I can upgrade to a version that will allow for multiple points on a map....that seems like it's getting real close to what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently, I got a new phone and the GPS on it is really pretty good. I've been wondering if I could use it to map the yard. The accuracy isn't good enough to map individual plants like each hosta or anything that specific but, how about mapping where the trees are and where other "features" are? I have the yard laid out in Visio but I only have the areas around the house. Getting accurate locations for other stuff...well, seems like a lot of work and I'm wondering if a GPS would help.

I've played a little with "Share My GPS Coordinates" on my Android this morning. It seems pretty accurate and it can dump the information out in a variety of formats including text messages, e-mail, and Evernote. Then I can be gardening just click on a link and have it show up on a map. For $2, I can upgrade to a version that will allow for multiple points on a map....that seems like it's getting real close to what I'm looking for.
Hey.... I've been searching for the same... and I've just come access this, maybe it will help... Any smartphone app for mapping plant locations?

please share any progress!... seems a few of us are looking...

Best
Bebe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts