Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second year gardening in North Florida. Oh my is this a challenge. Sand O Plenty and not much in the way of rich soil. Most of my questions will be focused on how to garden here where the "soil" sort of turns into concrete so advice on amending will be welcome. Gardening off and on for over 30 years, but it's almost like being a newbie now. I'm uber fortunate if this is my worst worry. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My second year gardening in North Florida. Oh my is this a challenge. Sand O Plenty and not much in the way of rich soil. Most of my questions will be focused on how to garden here where the "soil" sort of turns into concrete so advice on amending will be welcome. Gardening off and on for over 30 years, but it's almost like being a newbie now. I'm uber fortunate if this is my worst worry. Thanks.
Hi Trishy, I'm here in a very wet Wales (UK) and have just got a village allotment. Oh how I wish it was sand, my soil is mostly clay with quite a lot of tarmac and concrete thrown in due to fly tipping. I have just got in and I'm soaked to the skin or should I say UBER soaked, never come across that word before: by the wat it's also my birthday.
All that I can suggest for your plot is plenty of compost dug in or horse manure, that's what I'll be doing this Autumn (fall). Bye for now enjoy the sun.
Pete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts