Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi everyone...my garden is doing great...i have had some good eating already...lettuce...radish.. swiss chard...carotts..broccoli..onion tops....i have a large pot of beet greens on the stove right now...yum yum..my corn is almost 3 feet tall...tomatoes are the size of my baby fingernail...green peppers are starting to come...summer savory...the green beans are picking up...what a hard time to get them going..lots of leaf lettuce and head lettuce..squash...i am loving this soooo much...plz tell us how you're garden is coming...i am a first year gardener.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yum! I've been eating radishes, squash, strawberries, dandelions, amaranth, kale, peppers and mustard greens. Hurry up tomatoes and eggplants. It really tickles me to eat and share something I've grown. This is my third year and I'm loving it too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Everything sounds so tasty! angel1237b, I love your garden. My children harvested beets last weekend. They still don't care too much for the root, so my husband and I ate those while the kids had a nice salad from the tops. I should be harvesting my first tomato of the year in about 3 days or so. With the recent rain, the crops have been doing well.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I have been enjoying lettuce since march then asparagus, now the peas,beets,and carrots are getting to a decent size to eat. my corn is only about 2 feet tall so far and the squash plants are just about to bloom, the green beans are climbing up and just starting to bloom,potatoes are blooming and doing their thing. most of my veggies will be ready in late august/sept time frame to be harvested due to the climate/area I live in our time table for planting and harvest are very different from the rest of the country.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today i picked my celery...i don't use it too often so i chopped it all up..leaves and all and put it in my dehydrater..then bottled it....it will be great for soups ,spaghetti , and anything i put celery in...if you are thinking of doing this do leaves seperate from celery...the leaves dehydrate quicker than the celery...also blanch it first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts