Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
although I wintersow most of my seeds, I do still grow some under lights. I guess you might say I use every thing I can to garden and grow things. But What I use, are just regular 4 ft shop lights with the cheapest bulbs (2 for [email protected] or wallyworld) And hangthem on chains for raising and lowering over a 24" x 48" plywood table. It works great for me and inexpensive. You can get the shoplights at walmart for $10.98 each and the 2 [email protected] then $6.00, I also made a homemade bottom heating unit using "rope lights" purchased at Lowes for $18.00 and it covers the 2x4 plywood table.
with the bottom heat a tomato seed will sprout in half the time then without bottom heat. Just be sure to move the sprouted seedling from the bottom heat as soon as you notice it has sprouted.
good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! Would like to see a picture of your Growlight/Warmer set up to show my husband. He wants to see what I want so he can make it for me. : )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.