Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most folks are probably half way through the gardening summer now and am just curious what is doing real well in your garden and what, if anything, has been a fail?

for me, I planted artichoke for the first time this year. It never really got that big and only around 6 leaves on it. I noticed the other day, that down in the base of it, it was just infested with little bugs, so I just cut all the leaves off.

I also got some eggplant starts from a neighbor that never really took off either. Even now they are only about 3 inches high! lol

BUT, my beets are looking great - have already pulled and eaten a few. And my beans are just loaded with itsby bitsby beans and flowers. Peppers should do well this year also.

How about you? what is thriving and what is not?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
getting ready to try and get a second crop of peas, my beets are kickin ass. so is my corn and squash and the carrots,green beans took off. the potatoes where fine till i left for a few days and hubby didn't tend the garden and the chickens did a raid on the potato beds for bugs. they are once again on lock down for a while so the garden can recover from them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts