Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I decided to try a little gardening at the end of last summer and it didn't know how much I was going to enjoy it .. I really enjoy spending time in my organic garden so now I am reading and learning as much as I can. This looks like a great site. I hope to meet some new people that are into gardening. I'm in the Los Angeles area so I can grow year-round. My garden has Romain lettuce spinach and broccoli. I will be starting carrots tomorrow they are the vegetables that I have read grow well in colder weather even though it's really not that cold in Los Angeles I have also started a compost bin and now I have my neighbors giving me their leaves :D

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
awesome,check out this form of gardening organically I am not a church christian person so it took me a bit to get through this and get to the understanding of his way gardening but I got it by the end of the film. http://backtoedenfilm.com/ It makes sense to me to work with nature instead of fighting it.
I don't till and haven't in 4 years now and each year my small garden gets bigger :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome,check out this form of gardening organically I am not a church christian person so it took me a bit to get through this and get to the understanding of his way gardening but I got it by the end of the film. http://backtoedenfilm.com/ It makes sense to me to work with nature instead of fighting it.
I don't till and haven't in 4 years now and each year my small garden gets bigger :)
Thank You stephanie I'll check that out :)

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I envy you getting to plant things right now! I have some romaine, spinach and brocolli but have had to cover it with vizquine as our nights are now getting into the freezing range. they still seem to be doing okay, but growingSOOOOO slow since they aren't getting much sun or warmth.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! I envy you getting to plant things right now! I have some romaine, spinach and brocolli but have had to cover it with vizquine as our nights are now getting into the freezing range. they still seem to be doing okay, but growingSOOOOO slow since they aren't getting much sun or warmth.
It's starting to get cold here too things are growing slow but not freezing I'm determined :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts