Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Rena! Im from Nashville but have been living in North Georgia for 10 years now. 27y.o., married with one crazy 2y.o. daughter....Come from a farm family in Cadiz, Kentucky so I've heard many farm stories 2nd hand. Been handling a 30 x 20 garden at my mother in laws for 2 years. Finally have a house that I can have my very own garden!

It's about 20' in diameter, and started out as a hole where a pool used to be about 10 years ago. Therefore, there is a lot of sand. Put in 400lbs. of mushroom compost, fertilizer and holly-tone as suggested by the local nursery. Other challenges: running bamboo trying to take over the yard, has penetrated the North side of the garden- tilled up the large runners and have just clipped them back...AND- how I found this forum: Carpenter Ants! My husband is a firebug and thought itd be smart to dig a hole in their MASSIVE mound about 15 ft. away from the south corner of the garden and pour gasoline in and burn it! They are now trying to find a new home :/

Wow.. actually sounds like a disaster all written out like that. Well! Any help on these issues would be awesome.
Thanks!
Rena

·
Registered
204 Posts
hi rena,welcome to the forum...i can't help you with these issues just wanted to say hi...look around there are alot of seasoned gardeners that may be able to answer your questions...happy gardening..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts