Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this thread so members can post the type of things that they are growing through the winter and any ideas you have for growing in the winter. Feel free to post below.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I was growing kale and lettuce and fortunately picked those before we got this record setting cold we have right now. I still have carrots in the ground, broccoli and garlic. I'm sure the garlic will still be okay. the broccoli is a loss to all the snow now. We got about 7 inches on Friday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a sun room and we have several herbs: parsley, basil, thyme and a couple I can't remember for the life of me. I have a tomato vine that is about 10 feet across and a spindly pepper that I intended to do away with. I left the pepper outside to freeze and it did, but when I moved the planter inside it sprouted again. A few days after that it sprouted aphids and I almost killed it with some homemade spray. I made the spray with rubbing alcohol,water and dish soap. It worked well on tomatoes, but the pepper was apparently not that tough.I believe the pepper is a pequin. I planted an Armenian cucumber last fall but I haven't been able to get any pollinated. I planted a zucchini that is supposed to be for containers and it is just starting to bloom but the blossoms have all been male.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts