Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I just moved into our retirement home in Brevard, NC. Beautiful, stimulating place for retirees! We have a 113 y/o house with very little yard. This past summer I had tomatoes which got blight; squash which got a mildew; cucumbers, eggplant, and some okra. All of these I just planed "wherever." There was no specific gardening area. Put out asparagus and rhubarb for the future. Had extremely wet, cool summer, so that caused many problems, but how we enjoyed those veggies! Can't wait to learn more, try new things, and be more successful.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
with a small yard I would suggest garden boxes and vertical gardening (if you haven't already). I do have a large garden, but this year went with garden boxes and vertical gardening to conserve on the amount of water I use (low producing well that gets REAL slow during our hot summer months!) My beans didn't produce much this year, but I had such good luck with everything else and use so little space. Not to mention it was so much easier to work within a gardening box. Weather can really make or break our efforts and unfortunately, you can't do much about that. Hopefully next year you'll have even better success with your garden!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts