Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gardening, in an organic way, is mainly a combination of different essential elements. Fertile soil, natural manure, natural seeds, sufficient sunlight and clean water is all that makes a garden an organic one. It is difficult to shift from garden to organic garden as many factors have already done the damage. So, if you are planning to grow your own garden, opt for an organic one.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I try to be as organic as possible but I know my garden is not 100% organic. Still better than the produce in the stores, that's for sure!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I do all organic,I use bugs to eat other bugs, organic horse poo from my own horses, never use any type of pest or weed killers at all, any soil that has been added is organic. the old time methods of keeping a balance in the garden work. pull all weeds by hand or in winter cover the raised beds with a black plastic to kill any weed seeds after adding fresh organic compost or poo of any kind the heat generated will kill any bad seeds. I don't use any treated lumber on my raised beds either. copper stripping keeps the slugs out. yes a do have some stuff eaten but most is left alone. to keep deer out I use a motion censored sprinkler. this also keeps any crittter from doing much damage while adding a bit of water to the garden:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts