Gardening Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the gardening discussions? Click here!

Progress!

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tammy 
#1 ·
Plant Plant community Grass Terrestrial plant Shrub
Plant Flower Plant community Grass Shrub
Plant Flowerpot Houseplant Botany Grass
Plant Tree Wall Grass Groundcover
Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Greenhouse Vegetation
My garden is finally doing its thing. I see tomatoes, peppers, cherries, peaches, and plums and I am doing a happy dance. Come on SUNSHINE. I’ve been waiting for you. ;)
My little potted orchard has fruit this year so I covered it with netting in hopes of keeping the Japanese beetles and birds away.
At the start of the season, the pill bugs did some major damage to my seedlings. Some recovered but I had to buy seedlings to replace what I lost. How do you get rid of those dang things? I’ve tried diatomaceous earth and Sluggo Plus. Squashing does the trick but it they revolt I am done for, there are so many of them.
I’ve been fighting what I think was early blight. I got a lot of rain early in the season and my tomatoes and strawberry leaves were turning yellow and getting spotty. I “Neemed†them within an inch of their lives and they came back strong.
So much work, so satisfying, so craving a real tomato like you wouldn’t believe!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.