Veggie Gardener Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
not much yet, did see some nibbles on my peas by deer, I see the deer every day out with the other animals just munching away on stuff. I can get with in 10 feet of the deer at my house and they just kinda wander off slowly. I am guessing my place is a safe haven for the deer and they feel no threat from me. they never wipe out the garden just a nibble here and there. It is almost time to start letting my chickens do some free ranging again to help control bugs. just a couple more weeks of growth is needed on the garden plants then the chickens get to get busy.:)

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
ok so I caught bamby and her sister pulling up my carrots this morning. ordering a motion sensitive sprinkler for the garden now. Had to yell at hubby to scare the deer out of the garden, they are not fearful of us I can walk to with in 10 feet of any deer that comes on the property. I don't feed them they tend to steal food from the horses, donkeys,barn and my garden.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
have you put lady bugs and praying mantis in your green house or using a trap crop such as nasturtiums? my nasturtiums took a beating this year with the aphids but kept them off my other crops for the most part. It was a crazy year for aphids and white flies. but adding these things to your green house should help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.