Veggie Gardener Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not "new" to gardening. I have been gardening with my family as long as I can remember. I love it. I like to grow tomatoes, Squash, cucumbers and okra the best. I do not remember my family ever growing cabbage or head lettuce. So I am trying it myself for the first time this year. I am 51 years old and live in zone 6. I usually do quite well with veggies. But I am always open to new ideas and tips. I love to freeze my veggies but I am thinking of doing some canning this year too. I have grown a large variety of veggies in the past but I am cutting back a bit this year. I tend to use a lot of coffee grounds and egg shells each year with my tomatoes and roses. I am just so excited to get started, as I am every year. I am so looking forward to hearing from all of you and sharing my own ideas. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to this forum, I haven't gardened for a long time, I'd love to have tips on freezing veggies, have you thought of fermenting any of them, I like to ferment, I like to share ideas with you about canning to I've never done it before either I'm just a couple years older than you maybe we can compare notes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crazygrammy37 I have never fermented anything. But if it isn't real difficult I am very interested. I like to try new things. As for canning I am 51 and my mother is 86. She is in great mental health and we can ask her anything. So that is part of the reason to start canning this year to get tips and "orders" from her. :) I will be so happy to share anything with you or help you any way I can. And I will be thrilled with any advice you can give me. I feel that that no matter the distance I will then have a neighbor to talk to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts